cup

cup

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Panama City Beach. The same Bed & Breakfast. Enjoying being alone as much as we enjoyed having company last time.
I say, "Hello, God!" as I walk into the water.
Sand crabs all over the place.
The water is green. The sky is blue.
I feel renewed, recharged, giddy, relaxed.
Being at the beach is a spiritual thing for me.
It all started the first time I saw the ocean.
Shon is a mountain man. He, who grew up in Maine and is used to the raw ragged beauty of the beaches there, thinks the southern beaches are boring. However, even he can't resist the clear waters and the white sand here in the Gulf.
Isn't it funny that in the middle of October the water in the Gulf is warmer than the water in the Great Lakes in the middle of June?

2 comments:

  1. It all has to do with currents and specific heat of water my dear Jenia! :<)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I never had anything lower than an A in Geography :) I still find it amazing that I can swim in the ocean in the middle of October and not freeze to death. That's the Russian in me, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete