cup

cup

Friday, July 16, 2010

eventful

My life doesn't move very fast these days - nothing does in the humid heat of Southern GA, I'm afraid. It doesn't mean, however, that the slowness equals boredom. Last week, Shon went back to the studio in Colbert to finish recording the two songs he started a year ago. I went with him (not for the first time) and had fun (for the first time). Normally, recording means there are 3-5 guys in a tiny room, all talking at the same time and sharing their highly knowledgeable opinions about what is being done. I end up on the couch in the living room, reading or crocheting, trying to stay out of the way.
This time though, it was Shon, and Chad (the guy who does the recording), and me. Since it was mostly about recording vocals, I could actually contribute an opinion, and the guys actually listened to it - and even acted on it once or twice. And also I got to help out with background vocals - something I've never done before. It was scary at first, but turned out to be easier than I imagined.

The next day we went to see our dear friends play a show at a coffee house in Clarkesville. Randy and Mack are absolutely amazing. Here is a link to one of their songs http://www.youtube.com/user/mackenziechester#p/a/u/1/IFpWRWffTrk

On our way back from the show, I realized I had a bad headache which turned into a beginning stage of a cold by the time I went to bed. It would have been okay, have we not planned a 2-day motorcycle trip to Hendersonville, NC with CMA! I took NyQuil (the only thing there was in the house), got on the back of the bike, and tried very, very hard to stay awake for the next 6 hours on the road. I survived, but that Saturday night was miserable - the worst fever I had in the last 4 years or so. It was all fine the next day, but it's Friday today and the first day it doesn't hurt as much to swallow. There are sores in my throat. Never had that before!

What else... I did not get the job at Andrew College I applied for - in fact, they never even acknowledged the two emails I sent them. I pray that something else will work out. We did get a lead on a new rental place though. In fact, Shon's on the phone with the guy right now. It will be AWESOME to have a new place!

Well, this has gotten really long. More later.

Hugs,
Jenia

No comments:

Post a Comment