cup

cup

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Overwhelmed

Remember how I wrote about the slowness of my life? Well, forget about it! There's been so much going on lately, I don't get a chance to sit down and write it down properly.

So, in the past 2 weeks we:

1. Went to Charleston, SC, to visit our friend from Croatia who was, in turn, visiting there. We met her online 4 or 5 years ago, and then met her in person, when she kindly invited us to schedule our next date in Zagreb. It was really neat to see Zvonka after 4 years, to explore Charleston area, and to swim in the ocean.
From Trip to SC
Zvonka & I on a boat.

2. When we were ready to leave Charleston, the truck we were driving (borrowed from Shon's dad) threw a rod. Right in the middle of heavy traffic, too. We ended up renting a car, driving to my father-in-law's, and borrowing another vehicle from him. Now, this was the second automobile to throw a rod on us since the last days of May.
From Trip to SC
The poor old truck

3. Our friends helped us find a different house to rent! It is bigger, lighter, mildew-free, carpet-free, has a huge sunlit yard, and is CHEAPER! The only downside is that Sunshine has to stay outside. We have moved, but haven't completely unpacked yet, hence no pictures.

4. It looks like I've got a job.

5. Our mechanic offered to sell us an '83 Ford truck for a reasonable price, and literally 2 days after we told him we'd buy it, our friend Katie called and offered us her old Honda for free. We picked up both yesterday. I can't believe that in one day we went from being a car-less family, to a 2-car family. I also can't believe that I have my first car (at the tender age of 27). Who cares that I can't drive a stick? I will learn soon enough!

We feel blessed, overwhelmed, and mostly speechless. I am very, very glad that our God is more faithful than we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment