cup

cup

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring is in the air

I think I always loved spring. I even loved it in Russia, where it came late and brought rain and mud. Here, in Georgia, you just can't help loving it.
I love the robins in our front yard, the daffodils blooming all over the place, those tiny purple flowers that add color to the fields. The sun seems to shine differently, the air smells like change. I can't help bending down and touching the green fuzz of the new grass (Shon says I remind him of an autistic guy he used to take care of). I wish I could draw, write songs, and make movies to convey how spring makes me feel.
And to know that this is just the beginning!! There will be longer days, and hummingbirds coming back to our parts, and lilacs, and sandals, and the feeling that this world is not as hopeless as it often seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment