cup

cup

Friday, December 9, 2011

RACK 7, 8, and 9

My heart is in Russia, my heart is not here... Sorry, Robert Burns.
I spend my time at work and home reading twitter and livejournal, trying to stay updated on what's going on. An old friend of mine got arrested yesterday for, literally, holding a poster. She's free now, after 24 hours at the police station/court and a $20 fine. She's saying it was worth it. I'm scared and hopeful at the same time.

On the RACK side of things, on Wednesday, I collected my three not-quite-working cell phones and mailed them to National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. They recycle or refurbish them and make money. On Thursday, Shon had to work until 9pm, so I went home, fixed dinner, delivered it to him and hung out with him for some time. Today, on Friday, I took a card and a homemade loaf of blueberry gingerbread to our campus Chief of Police, whose last day at AC is tomorrow.

I don't know what tomorrow holds yet. I am seriously considering getting up at 5am to watch and read live feeds from the planned protests in Moscow. For the first time in over 4 years I'm wishing I were in Moscow right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment